The Safety Supervisor will be responsible for managing the safety and health requirements on all of JMAV projects. The Safety Supervisor will oversee all aspects of construction safety related to the project including:
- Pre-job safety meetings with subcontractors
- Site safety orientations
- Site walkthroughs and inspections with focus on hazard recognition, resolution, and OSHA compliance
- Jobsite OSHA recordkeeping
- Incident/injury investigation and recordkeeping
The ideal candidate will have a college degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related fields and 3– 5 years construction safety experience as well as fluency in speaking and understanding Spanish.
- Fluency in understanding and speaking Spanish
- Experience with construction cranes, fall protection, scaffolding, confined-space, steel erection, cast in place, and pre-cast concrete erection
- OSHA 30 hour, 40 hour HAZWOPER, and other construction safety related trainings
The candidate should be located within daily driving distance of metro D.C. and will be traveling between different jobsites on a daily basis. The position will require moderate physical activity, including climbing stairs and ladders, and walking on rough terrain.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in construction industry.